Whacha Got to Say?!

Writing is good for your health. It makes your heart feel better!




Sunday, August 21, 2011

As If

“As If” is a phrase made popular by a movie that came out some time ago. I’ve never used the phrase myself, but if I did, I would probably not use it as a stand-alone. Now, I don’t know much about phraseology, but I think it had to do with rejection of some sort. On the big screen it played out like this. A smart but not-so-popular boy would work up the nerve to ask a super-popular girl something  like, “So, do you wanna go to the dance with me Friday night?” to which she would raise her brow, contort her mouth and reply “As if!” and walk away.
Interestingly enough, this is yet another term the world has used as a form of denunciation that God uses to enunciate His love for us. How so? Ephesians 1:7-8 says “In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace that he lavished on us; with all wisdom and understanding” and to further make his point, Paul wrote in Romans 5:1-2 “Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God”.
Of all the many wonderful blessings noted in the two scriptures above, the justification portion is eating away at me today. Redemption, forgiveness, grace, wisdom, understanding are all topics I could talk about for weeks. However, I want to focus on justification for a moment. Let’s be clear about one thing; God is just and we are not. Even on our best day, we don’t have the power to be anything close to good, let alone just-outside of a pure relationship with Christ.
So, why the need for justification? Where redemption saves us, grace assures us, wisdom and understanding lead us and forgiveness pardons us, justification is a major prong in the spiritual legality of God. I read somewhere that to be justified by God makes it just as if I had never sinned in the first place.  
When we apply the blood of Jesus over our situations it makes the sin in our lives as if it had never happened. At this point in my life I am more grateful than ever for a clean slate. How about you?

Build,

Nakeia


www.twfginc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment